www.myrtleandgrace.blogspot.com



Wednesday, June 20, 2012

"Lettuce" be Crafty Today!

'Lettuce' be crafty today!
I've been eyeing off the fruit and vegetables we 'd bought a while back from Ikea, and often thought that they cant be that hard to make... can they? We have an abundance of felt and a rainbow of colour variety on hand to choose from here so today is the day to give it a go and  after a bit of cutting and two little helpers that have spread felt from one end of the house to the other, we managed to get one piece made so far...
The slightly smaller and darker Ikea 'lettuce' is picture in the background. In the end it was pretty easy and took me about 20 minutes to sew together. I can see many more fruit and vegetables being added to the play kitchen collection. Miss 4 has also even suggested that we "make lots so we can have a shop" Hmm the little Lemonade bake stand tutorial I found on Pinterest could easily be converted to a little fruit and vegetable shop. Just imagine how cute it would look...
The original tutorial on how to make this little stand can be found at
http://lilluna.com/tutorial-tuesday-vintage-lemonade-stand/.
Then I remember that Ashleigh at
http://www.lilblueboo.com/2012/02/project-playroom-storage-solutions.html also has a heap of tutorials titled 'Project Playroom' with some other great tutorials on creating an awning, setting up play shelving and scales etc. So go crazy, have some fun creating the little people in your life will LOVE it.
If you would like me to email you a couple of vegetable patterns that I have hand drawn contact me at groobiteam@optusnet.com.au Please put in your subject line vegetable patterns.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I tried emailing you for the lettuce pattern but the email but it said it was unable to deliver. Is there another way I could get the lettuce pattern? I love how yours looks!