www.myrtleandgrace.blogspot.com



Sunday, June 27, 2010

Gratitude and Appreciation


"Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. Your wiliness to put it into words is all that is necessary" - Margaret Cousins


Flicking through old magazines last night I found an article that caught my eye, "365 reasons to be grateful" It struck me that in a modern fast paced world that gratitude and even appreciation is a fast dying act. It is I guess an art form in its self that many people don't want to or have the time to practice anymore. So begins my search... What is gratitude? What is appreciation? (according to my dictionary)

gratitude n. feeling of being thankful for a favour or gift.

appreciate v. 1. To be grateful for 2. Value highly 3. Be aware of and understand 4. Rise in value.

I begin thinking that maybe I should give this 365 day project mentioned in the article a go. Brisbane photographer Hailey Batholomew went about taking a photograph each day of something/ anything that she was grateful for. And maybe just like Hailey I will begin to see each day with brand new eyes. So on this day I am grateful for...

1. Old magazines with articles that inspire me.
(Hailey's blog can be found at http://www.youcantbeserious.com.au/blog/)

No comments: